Question Is my setup okay for using 3 screens ?

Jul 26, 2022
Hello,

My IT guy said my processor does not support 3 screens at same time over DisplayPort. I cannot understand that actually. Setup has 4 DP but 2 of them do not work. I thought it is because of bios settings. Does this setup support 3 screens at the same time?

Processor :
Amd ryzen 7 pro 2700 8 core 3.2 GHz

GPU : Amd radeon r7 430.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it appears its more the GPU

this isn't the exact model, its a 450
The R7 450 is equipped with 2 available GPU clock cycles

What this means is that the NATIVE support for this device is two displays

That being said, there is a workaround for this product. By using an ACTIVE DISPLAY PORT++ (1.2) ADAPTER OR HUB you can connect between 3 and 6 total displays

An active adapter provides 1 additional GPU clock cycle capability
An active hub provides up to 4 additional clock cycle capability

NOTE These are additional parts that are more costly than cables. The computer, as shipped, can only support two displays simultaneously. Also, you cannot use a PASSIVE adapter in this case, it must have the additional clock cycle capability to allow multi-display support greater than two.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskt...eon-R7-450-Three-Monitor-Support/td-p/6119050

Reactions: ibrahim.yilmaz
Jul 26, 2022
Yeah I have seen this thread before but I didn't think it is same problem. In "Device Manager", my display adapter is "430". But I think it is 450 and I have same issue with the thread you referred. Thank you for your answer.

Jul 26, 2022
Yeah I have seen this thread before but I didn't think it is same problem. In "Device Manager", my display adapter is "430". But I think it is 450 and I have same issue with the thread you referred. Thank you for your answer.
By the way, there is one more thing about this situation. I would like to mention if it is useful for someone else. Amd ryzen 7 pro 2700 does not have an embedded graphic card. If my CPU was intel such as i7, I could use third screen via intel graphic card. If anyone gathers a computer for work, intel has that advantage over amd.