is SSD a must have now ? or can i stick to my hdd :\ much confused

jatin_25

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
building a new system for music production .. i have a 1 tb internal hdd and 1 tb external , should i go for a ssd ? what purpose will it solve rather then just speeding up the booting .. dont know much about ssd's :( any help , suggestions appreciated :)

Solution
It would speed up the time taken to open applications too, and if you are doing music production, it would allow you to load up audio files faster etc.

SSDs are a lot cheaper than they used to be; if you can fit one into your budget, it would make a speed difference.

However, they are not a necessity, and you won't be missing much other than faster booting and marginally faster application load speeds.

bradsctt

Distinguished
It would speed up the time taken to open applications too, and if you are doing music production, it would allow you to load up audio files faster etc.

SSDs are a lot cheaper than they used to be; if you can fit one into your budget, it would make a speed difference.

However, they are not a necessity, and you won't be missing much other than faster booting and marginally faster application load speeds.

Solution

jatin_25

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
that's it ? guess then i can give it a skip for now , i m going for i7-4790k with Asus MAXIMUS-VII-Hero 32GB Intel Motherboard , speed won't be much of an issue i think, thank you for the reply bro :)

its good to have an ssd but its not a must to have a ssd ......the ssd have much better speed than hdd the windows will boot faster say 15- 20 seconds for ssd and about 40 sec on a hdd similarly other applications and games saving and loading time would be reduced ..........there is no other function for ssd beside speed so u can skip it for now....

jatin_25

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
i have already crossed my budget limit so for now i ll be skipping this , somewhere i can adjust my other things to buy this but i wont probably cos i don't see any major difference rather then that speed thing , i am kind of patient so delays are ok for me :p thank you for the suggestions guys *much appreciated* :)