Is That A Notebook? MALIBAL's Six-Core, Dual-GPU, Speed Demon

Status
Not open for further replies.

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm not sure how awesome this is in practice. I'm sure someone out othere needs this, but that person would have to be blind to appreciate the asthetics.

G

thats actually really good performance from a top end system
at most rates it is still fairly close to a desktop in price also

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This quite useless if you want all that power for gaming, you surely cant have it on the go with a battery provided....might as well build a with almost the same specs for less money.

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Its the same price as a base model Kia Rio just about. Kudos to them for the engineering needed to make this gear work in a mobile chassis. I may not be sold on the concept, or see the need of, but I hope they sell a ton of them. It is kinda cool just because its so powerful -- but for the price you could build or buy two highly specialized systems. It could be a mobile workstation or for AV production work on site instead of just for gaming. Clearly these ultra powerful 'notebooks' are a niche segment, but there are quite a few now. Someone must be buying them.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Not that impressive to me main reason for Lappy is portability and thats where this lacks i wounder even if under no load how much heat it would generate and also the battery wont last long..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]compton[/nom]It could be a mobile workstation or for AV production work on site instead of just for gaming. Clearly these ultra powerful 'notebooks' are a niche segment, but there are quite a few now. Someone must be buying them.[/citation]Actually, that's what the X7200 is! Tom's Hardware got the "gaming" version simply to show off its capabilities to enthusiasts, but the Quadro versions are equally viable (and likely more valuable) in their own respective markets.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I remember having some of clevo's other offerings. This thing although hard to lug is a god send for any one in the military... It was the only way i was able to game on deployement at the time. but on a negative note these things way a ton >.< don't do the messanger bag if you like where that sholders at :D

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
[citation][nom]ridewya[/nom]DaMn This laptop is soo freakin ugly[/citation]

It's thick for sure but not ugly. There is a difference

The day I can justify a purchase like this is the day I die a happy man.

barmaley

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Maybe it’s because of my lack of imagination, but somehow I fail to find an appropriate application for it. Portable gaming of roughly 30 minutes on battery is next to useless. Which means you must have power outlet if you want to play most the time. In that case you might as well build a mini desktop for a quarter of the price and haul it everywhere with you along with a monitor, lol :)

On a more serious note, I can see it being a good option if you are at one of those insane doctor appointments where they make you wait for like 3 hours for no reason before you get seen; or on a road trip; or at an airport and then on a plane if power is made available to you (business class).

If I had a $6000 budget to blow on a computer, this thing would not be on the list. Desktop beats this thing for LAN parties hands down. With all of its performance you still have to live with this pricey, bulky, hot, heavy and butt-ugly unit.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think the idea of this laptop is more of a desktop replacement, it's got the awesome power of a decent desktop in a small package with everything in one, so you don't need to lug around a mouse, keyboard and screen.

But then again you'll still need those things for LAN's but at least it weighs less than most Enthusiast systems.

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Imagine....Your new "speed daemon" cup of coffee and sudden move...With one year warranty i will never spend 5k on computer...i wonder who will.....

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Theres very good reason to buy a laptop like this. One of those is being in the military. It would've sucked to pack up my desktop and bring here. Not to mention it wouldn't have made it anyways (all our shit got stolen). With a laptop like this (I personally don't have it but I do have the asus-g series) I don't have to worry about all the bullshit of a desktop (space). We're living in tents so that is a serious issue.

G

the battery at 7844 mWh capacity is about one third of ipad battery which is 25Wh or 2500mWh

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"AC Adapter 3.6 lbs"
WTF? The power adapter is heavier than most laptops.

This might make sense for professionals who really really need a mobile workstation but it's extremely pointless for gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.