Is the BENQ 2420Z Display an overkill for my specs?

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hello,

My system includes a single 7850 HD card, a GA-X48-DS4 motherboard and a E8400 CPU.

Will it be a good money spent for these specs, or is is an overkill?

I currently have a monitor, so its no matter of urgency (but it is under a sale today...)

Thanks

Solution
Going to a Q9950 will give you a pretty good boost in speeds. Going from a 19" to a 24" + screen will be a pretty good improvement especially if it's a quality sceen.

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I mean, will the viewing experience will be much better, or hampered by my system to a point it doesn't make a difference form th HP L1908w screen I currently have.
Changing MB+CPU will also require a new memory (currently 8GB DDR2), and therefore, almost a totally new computer. Will changing to a Q9550 CPU suffice?

Thanks

I don't think adding a second 7850 would do you much good unless you go to the next gen CPUs.

There is a easy way to find out though, overclock the video card a bit and compare benchmarks with stock speed. If the benchmarks go up, you can go to a faster video card or adding a second one.

You are likely better off selling the 7850 and getting a single faster card though like a R9 280X