is the network card in my computer bad?

bluesageq

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
the reason why im asking this question is because one of the laptops i have is currently stuggling connecting to the internet ill explain:

ive restarted my computer when i do every once in awhile it will connect for like 5 minutes and then stop working, the laptop still says its connected but with no internet access... i then went into the device manager thinking that something was wrong with the driver, i was correct... or at least i thought i was, i found the driver and it said that there was no driver installed for the device so i went on my other computer found the latest driver for the device and installed it... it again worked for about 5 minutes and then did the same thing and said that there were no drivers installed for the device any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Delete the network adapter from device manager. (highlight it, hit delete key). Power off. Power on. Let windows re-discover and reload the wireless driver.

Option 2: Your laptop has a set of drivers that are on your laptop makers website. Go there, download all of the drivers you see (chipset, wireless, sound, etc.) and install them.

Unlikely it's the hardware for your wireless, but if it is you can either replace it (if it is in a mini-pci slot on your laptop MB) or just buy a usb wireless adapter and walk around with it stuck in the usb slot on your PC.

GL
GL
Delete the network adapter from device manager. (highlight it, hit delete key). Power off. Power on. Let windows re-discover and reload the wireless driver.

Option 2: Your laptop has a set of drivers that are on your laptop makers website. Go there, download all of the drivers you see (chipset, wireless, sound, etc.) and install them.

Unlikely it's the hardware for your wireless, but if it is you can either replace it (if it is in a mini-pci slot on your laptop MB) or just buy a usb wireless adapter and walk around with it stuck in the usb slot on your PC.

GL
GL

Solution