[SOLVED] is the nzxt hale82 v2 700w really that bad?

Diego_28

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
so lately i was reading peoples reviews about this psu ( im currently using it since 2015) almost 4 years and its still working like the first day, silent and solid, but my i7 8700k paired with a gtx 1070 is coming next week so i would like to know if there is going to be a problem if i run the chip at stock, and if i overclock it the psu would be a problem? dont know why people say its bad, its still rocking since 2015 without a single noise or failure

Solution
Keep this in mind.....there are many brands and models out there that people say are "bad".....but if you think about it.....the majority of them are probably working.

That being said...there is a reason that brands get a bad reputation over the years and I think that's usually due to excessive failures and word of mouth.

If it were me....and I was going with a new CPU and GPU.....I would get a good name brand PSU like Seasonic because why risk it.
Keep this in mind.....there are many brands and models out there that people say are "bad".....but if you think about it.....the majority of them are probably working.

That being said...there is a reason that brands get a bad reputation over the years and I think that's usually due to excessive failures and word of mouth.

If it were me....and I was going with a new CPU and GPU.....I would get a good name brand PSU like Seasonic because why risk it.

Solution

Diego_28

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
yeah,but until i get the money im going to run the system with the current psu, hope it holds up like its has been during this years :/

Diego_28

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017

well at least its not a generic one, its 80 plus bronze, but i will get a seasonic focus plus 750w in the near future just to be sure and, that psu would last a lot, thanks for your time

You're welcome.