Question Is there a browser similar to the old firefox where we can install and KEEP extensions?

asusfan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I think it's about time to give another browser a try. Mozilla has already started to block extensions on even the older firefox's even though I have set various things to false and don't allow update checks.

I'm hoping to use a browser that allows extensions similar to SAVED & QUICK PASSWORDS, QUICK JAVA and also allows a MOZBACKUP style software to keep my browser settings.

I know there are online syncs but I want to keep my passwords offline as these extensions do.

Does anyone have any good ideas or recommendations?

asusfan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I appreciate it but as I said, I am looking for something that is similar to the OLD firefox versions. Post ver 56 or similar won't even accept the extensions I'm using at all.

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Mozilla SeaMonkey is a suite based on the old Netscape Navigator (of which Firefox is a fork, I believe) but its update cycle is very very sporadic, so it's about as secure as FF that's not been updated for a year.

I think Opera is the best bet. You can also try Vivaldi, which is based on legacy Opera, but I don't know how well it's being maintained.

asusfan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
boju, yeah unfortunately I had to stop at 52 due to mozbackup not working so well. It's a shame becuase I have so many things set up and then Mozilla just cuts pretty much everything and nobody seems to know why. Anyhow, thanks Sgt_Sykes. I'll check them out. Hopefully one of those works.