Question Is there a diy way to fix a gpu fan that was accidentally touched and stopped and wouldnt spin anymore?

Sep 27, 2022
Accidentally touched my Gpu (GTX 560) fan. It was spinning and then my finger touched it accidentally as i was wiping dust somewhere near the gpu and now it wouldnt spin anymore :c are there any diy fix?

I can use my pc tho even if the fans arent spinning but it will get hotter if I use it with load.

I still have to design a conveyor for my assignment due in 2 days :c I use AutodeskInventor and i think it will put load in my gpu.

PS: I prefer DIY as much as possible because maybe there is just somethin i need to tweak a little for the fan to spin again and I also need to use my pc asap. If it is something of a big issue though, I might need to look for money for it to be fixed in our local shops. I am just a student and I do not have the money (and time cause i think i will have to wait since shops here follow the "first come first serve" rule) for repair services. Hope it just needs a small fixing.

My PC Quick specs:
Ryzen 5 3500x
GTX 560
16gb ram
240gb SSD
500w 80+ bronze PSU
Windows 10

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does the GPU fan spin freely and smoothly? Or is the fan physically stuck and will not move at all?

Test but be sure that the host computer is powered down and unplugged.

While the computer is off also check that nothing was disconnected during dusting.

Does the system have integrated graphics? May run slower and hopefully cooler but I think there would be less risk overall than running the GPU without cooling.

Are you able to borrow another GPU from a family member or friend?

Reactions: AlexMcR
Sep 27, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does the GPU fan spin freely and smoothly? Or is the fan physically stuck and will not move at all?

Test but be sure that the host computer is powered down and unplugged.

While the computer is off also check that nothing was disconnected during dusting.

Does the system have integrated graphics? May run slower and hopefully cooler but I think there would be less risk overall than running the GPU without cooling.

Are you able to borrow another GPU from a family member or friend?
First of all thank you so much for answering. I appreciate it.

-Will update the specs soon.
-Fans spin freely and it aint stuck.
-I have a 3500x and it does not have an integrated graphics.
-I will try to ask and borrow a gpu temporarily from a friend (hopefully they have spares huhu).

Last edited: