is there a hidden file on a USB2 flash drive?

I have a JT Flash Disk, 512 mb. I recently formatted the disk using
FAT32. Now, when I transfer data from WXP system, the transfer time is
slow. WXP recognises the disc, and says the driver (on the Laptop) is
properley installed (as expeced). I am wondering if there is usually a
file (hidden or embedded) on the removable flash drive that I have
removed by mistake, and if so, where can I downlad and re-install it.
James

A volume is volume, A Flash drive will have a good Access time
value (<10.0 mS), but the data transfer won't be anything near a
traditional drive. I use a SanDisk MiniCruzer and on it's best day
on a USB2 channel it can only sustain a data transfer of around
6-8 Megabytes a second.
You can test this yourself, I use a small benchmarking tool called
DiskSpeed32. Download here:
http://www.geocities.com/vgrinenko/DiskSpeed32/

"yellowtorrish" <dday1944@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a JT Flash Disk, 512 mb. I recently formatted the disk using
> FAT32. Now, when I transfer data from WXP system, the transfer time is
> slow. WXP recognises the disc, and says the driver (on the Laptop) is
> properley installed (as expeced). I am wondering if there is usually a
> file (hidden or embedded) on the removable flash drive that I have
> removed by mistake, and if so, where can I downlad and re-install it.
> James

"yellowtorrish" <dday1944@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a JT Flash Disk, 512 mb. I recently formatted the disk using
> FAT32. Now, when I transfer data from WXP system, the transfer time is
> slow. WXP recognises the disc, and says the driver (on the Laptop) is
> properley installed (as expeced). I am wondering if there is usually a
> file (hidden or embedded) on the removable flash drive that I have
> removed by mistake, and if so, where can I downlad and re-install it.
> James

Take a look on the manufacturer's web site and see if they have any
drivers and or utilities available [my LEGEND Pen Drive does]

rgds
Li'l Roberto