[SOLVED] Is there a short in my PC somehwere?

So I just built a new PC, everything is working fine except that if I power off my PC and then try to power it on using the power button, It doesn't turn on. Restart works fine and all but it's only when I completely power my PC off that it refuses to start again. I solved my problem by unplugging all the wires and laying my PC on the ground(Case touches the Ground) and then plugging things back in and hitting the power button. If I unplug my PSU or even unplug everything else and then plug them back in WITHOUT laying the case on the ground, it doesn't turn. It only turns on when fully grounded.
I thought some PSU connector was touching the case and causing a short so I duct taped the connectors that were touching the case anywhere but the problem persists. Ofcourse I haven't completely ruled out all the wires but I feel like the problem is fairly simple. The power extension I'm using with my PC is Not grounded(it has only 2 prongs, no earthing prong). The PSU has an earthing Prong but it's a weird shape that doesn't go into the wall without some Adapter and most adapters I found were also Dual Pronged(no earthing).
SHOULD I CHANGE MY POWER EXTENSIONS to something that is earthed and do you think that will solve the problem?

Solution
Coolermaster MWE 650W 80+ Gold
I've confirmed that it is some type of short circuit. I took the one end of a Wire and put it on my case and put the other end on the ground after turning PC off. Then I turned PC on and it worked without having to lay it down. So probably a short or grounding issue?
The PSU was bad, got it changed and now everything works like charm even without the grounding. Yes I know you should always ground, and I will but the point is that the problem was not some kind of short, it was just the PSU on LSD.
Which PSU do you have (model#) and which country are you in?
I've confirmed that it is some type of short circuit. I took the one end of a Wire and put it on my case and put the other end on the ground after turning PC off. Then I turned PC on and it worked without having to lay it down. So probably a short or grounding issue?

The PSU was bad, got it changed and now everything works like charm even without the grounding. Yes I know you should always ground, and I will but the point is that the problem was not some kind of short, it was just the PSU on LSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS