Question Is there a software that allows you to monitor & maintain many PCs at the same time?

Oct 14, 2019
My family & friends ask me to fix their computers all the time, which is cool - I'm glad to help.

I noticed that most of the problems are related to failure to install key updates or hardware constraints (eg. not enough RAM).

I was wondering if there is a software that seamlessly monitors a group of PCs, alerts you when they peak on CPU or RAM usage, an update is needed, etc. And, I can perform, for example, a windows update without login in via remote desktop or teamviewer; or a virus scan.

Is there anything like that out there?

Many thanks!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The only way to initiate updates remotely is through something like team viewer or remote desktop services built into Microsoft Windows.

If they were running their systems off of a remote server with Windows server that you had either physical or remote access to then you could do that.

As for monitoring system resources remotely across all devices there are plenty of options you can get by just googling.

One that I found is called sysgauge
https://www.sysgauge.com/index.html

USAFRet

Titan
My family & friends ask me to fix their computers all the time, which is cool - I'm glad to help.

I noticed that most of the problems are related to failure to install key updates or hardware constraints (eg. not enough RAM).

I was wondering if there is a software that seamlessly monitors a group of PCs, alerts you when they peak on CPU or RAM usage, an update is needed, etc. And, I can perform, for example, a windows update without login in via remote desktop or teamviewer; or a virus scan.

Is there anything like that out there?

Many thanks!
Let their OS and system run its own updates. Enforce this if needed.

USAFRet

Titan
My son just called me with a laptop recommendation.
Purchase tomorrow. Lenovo, $600.

After purchase, it will be wiped of all bloatware and OS (probably) reinstalled.
After that...Win 10 will do its own updates. I am absolutely NOT going to try to manage it remotely. It will do its own thing.

Why a new laptop? He has finally become fed up with trying to use his GF's Mac/Apple thing... 🤣

TRENDING THREADS