[SOLVED] Is there a way to increase my boot time?

Niels321

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a Kingston A400 480GB SSD, 16gb ddr4 ram and a intel core i5 9600k. My boot time is most of the time around 22 seconds(sometimes even 40) I have seen that a lot of pc's can boot in like 14 seconds. Why is mine compared to that so slow. Pretty much my only boot programs are: ESET, Chrome, some things from intel and nvidea, the audio service and a vpn. Does anyone now how to increase my boot time?

Solution
First, "22 seconds" is not bad. That is quite good, actually.
Second, your software stack is not the same as theirs.
Third, your VPN thing almost certaily has a big impact
Fourth, 'boot time' is a trivial number to worry about. 6 seconds difference...?

Lastly, you mean "decrease" not increase...:)

USAFRet

Titan
Fourth, 'boot time' is a trivial number to worry about. 6 seconds difference...?

Solution

Niels321

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019

Thank you for your answer, I indeed meant decrease:sweatsmile:. Not that I am unhappy with my boot-time but I was just questioning if it could be faster, I'll try to turn off my vpn.

Keep in mind that windows 10 and newer motherboards store hardware information to reduce boot time.
My Win 7 computer 24 seconds from bios splash to desktop.
My Win 10 is 7 seconds, yet if I press both power buttons at the same time desktops appear at the same time.