[SOLVED] Is there any way to get better framerates in a poorly optimized title?

Hello. I currently have a decent budget pc, specs in signature. I love BeamNG Drive but my performance keeps bothering me. Some maps i get 60+ to hundreds of fps at 1080p low but in some dense city or texture heavy maps like tail of the dragon or west cost usa will run over 60fps but sometimes dip to 15fps and be completely unplayable at other times in the same map. I know this game is unoptimized and early access but is there any way to fix this?

Solution
Lowering the render resolution has a significant impact on performance. Assuming you don't hit a CPU bottleneck the bump in performance scales fairly linearly as resolution decreases.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Short of tweaking in-game settings or throwing overkill hardware at a title, there's really not a lot you can do for a poorly optimized title.

I would highly discourage hardware changes based on an early access title when it's serving you well in other titles other than the game in question.
Early access, as indicated is never a 'polished' product and unless you already have the need or desire to upgrade, it's best reserving judgement for the full release.