Question Is there anywhere safe to buy replacement batteries for Chromebooks?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I'm just looking for a replacement battery for a Chromebook that appears to be in otherwise good working condition. My daughter has been without it for a while while I'm trying to figure out where to buy a battery without getting scammed. Thanks for any help.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Being curious, I typed in "chromebook battery replacement" in Google and was astounded at the amount of returns not only for the battery, for kits with the tools, as well as providers offering to do so.

Post #6 is one of those perfect spammy lead ins. This has my spidey sense tingling more than "sketchy" Amazon sellers, for sure.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Being curious, I typed in "chromebook battery replacement" in Google and was astounded at the amount of returns not only for the battery, for kits with the tools, as well as providers offering to do so.

Post #6 is one of those perfect spammy lead ins. This has my spidey sense tingling more than "sketchy" Amazon sellers, for sure.

Most of them look pretty sketchy, and I usually can't find the battery that matches my chromebook. The process can't be that hard, but if I could just take it to a local battery place and pay them to do it, I think I would.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Most of them look pretty sketchy, and I usually can't find the battery that matches my chromebook. The process can't be that hard, but if I could just take it to a local battery place and pay them to do it, I think I would.

If you have a Batteries + in your area it may be worthwhile to call them and ask, or alternately a computer repair shop. Mom and pop places tend to be far less expensive than somewhere like Best Buy/Geek Squad.

We use B+ to find strange batts for e lights and things, and they also will make custom batteries if they have the base materials on hand. They are a bit high priced but...