[SOLVED] Is there something i need to make my cooler fit?

Aug 9, 2019
I am currently building my first pc but i have run into an issue. My cpu cooler does not seem to fit in the holes on my motherboard. I have a MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus LGA 1151 Intel Motherboard. My cpu cooler is a coolermaster masterair MQ621P. Not sure if these are compatible but I've just purchased them, is there any way to make it work?

Solution
Can you verify the CPU cooler? I am not pulling anything up for the MQ621P. I see the master air MQ620P and it supports your socket.

My guess is you need to read the instructions for the cooler as there is probably a specific bracket you need to mount it. You have the intel 1151 socket, so look for that section in the cooler manual.
Can you verify the CPU cooler? I am not pulling anything up for the MQ621P. I see the master air MQ620P and it supports your socket.

My guess is you need to read the instructions for the cooler as there is probably a specific bracket you need to mount it. You have the intel 1151 socket, so look for that section in the cooler manual.

Solution