is this 3dmark score good for this build?

dovah-chan

Honorable
I've never personally tried but I don't see it being much of an issue. I would rather just wait and save up a bit for another 8GB stick because you later might have enough for another 8GB stick and then you'll be left with an extra 4GB stick you won't know what to do with. (unless you got another PC in the house, then by all means try out the 4GB stick and then later when you still feel like you need more RAM grab an 8GB and throw the extra stick into the other PC) But in my perspective, if the performance of your PC is enough to do what you want, I find upgrades negligible.

Soselia

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
I am not sure what to do. I once opened forum for that question and someone said even buying same 8gb stick would not work. I don't think that's true in real life but still it scared me from 4gb.
As far as 4gb stick won't lower speed and increase memory size i'm ok with it. Would it work?
Also is it possible to end up with 2x8gb and 2x4 gb ? Cause i think by the time i would collect all 8gb sticks other parts would be really outdated (it could take an year maybe more)

Soselia

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
I am not getting dual channel now so i won't really miss it. But would 8+4 be in any way better than 8? Wouldn't it be same speed but more space? Or would the speed drop?