Question Is this a good build for gaming?

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ditch the Hyper 212 LED and save the money or get a Cryorig H7 cooler. Allocate money saved to a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit or perhaps an SSD for the boot/OS and games drive. I would also look at a different PSU.

What is your absolute budget for that build? The build as is, is good but can use some tweaks.

Yes it looks good. However, I'd suggest getting rid of that Windows 10 and instead spending on a better PSU. When you are spending around 1000, you should really get an 80+ Gold one (same wattage as the one there). Windows keys are less than 5 on eBay, but it should he noted you don't even need to activate Windows. If you do get a Windows key from eBay, remember to type into command prompt "slmgr -dli" to ensure you have either an OEM or RETAIL key, and haven't been given a volume or KMS one.

May 24, 2019
I'd ditch the Hyper 212 LED and save the money or get a Cryorig H7 cooler. Allocate money saved to a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit or perhaps an SSD for the boot/OS and games drive. I would also look at a different PSU.

What is your absolute budget for that build? The build as is, is good but can use some tweaks.

Yeah, I was on the fence with the cooler to begin with. Does the 2600x come with a good enough cooler or should I still look at buying a third party one? The Ram I chose is 3000MHz, is that good enough or should I get a 3200 one? Are you saying I should replace my hdd with an ssd or get an ssd as well? I'm already looking into a different psu, do you have any recommendations? My budget is $900 but willing to go to $1000.

May 24, 2019
Yes it looks good. However, I'd suggest getting rid of that Windows 10 and instead spending on a better PSU. When you are spending around 1000, you should really get an 80+ Gold one (same wattage as the one there). Windows keys are less than 5 on eBay, but it should he noted you don't even need to activate Windows. If you do get a Windows key from eBay, remember to type into command prompt "slmgr -dli" to ensure you have either an OEM or RETAIL key, and haven't been given a volume or KMS one.

I just put windows 10 there for the website. Can't you install it without the key and then just log into your windows account and windows will activate? (Since my windows account is activated)

I took the SeaSonic S12III units off the list because they are new, cheap, and I haven't seen the professional reviews on them yet. Though they do have a 5 year warranty, so that alone makes them an okay choice better than a lot of other very cheap units.

May 24, 2019
I took the SeaSonic S12III units off the list because they are new, cheap, and I haven't seen the professional reviews on them yet. Though they do have a 5 year warranty, so that alone makes them an okay choice better than a lot of other very cheap units.

Though I like the cheap price and the warranty, I don't want to risk it screwing up the rest of the pc.