is this a good build to choose?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jopo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
ok, i have been thinking on getting a pc a while now, i want to be able to play stuff like dragon age inquisition, witcher 3 and fallout 4 if it comes out at high to max settings with stable over 30 fps.
will these components work well together as a medium budget type build.
also i want to make this future proof by using sli with the msi gtx 760 when the time comes.
here is the build:

CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core £117.45

Motherboard MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ £53.96

Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 £59.98

Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM £38.70

Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR £169.91

Power Supply Corsair 500W ATX12V £44.12

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) £69.65

Monitor Asus VE247H 23.6" £124.98

Case (undecided)

i plan on buying over the year and not all together since it would be very expensive to pay upfront,
does the build fit my needs?, what should be changed? and will i need a larger watt power supply due to future sli use.

jopo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

thank you for helping me out, i am pretty sure this is the best i can do with my budget

really helpful thanks :D

Bonesbobman

Honorable
Jun 22, 2014
Actually that is a very good build. I know that because I have a very similiar build. I can easily promise 60 frames on fhe latest games like Battlefield 4. The build almost more than fit your needs. I would STRONGLY recommend getting Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 7 because Windows 8.1 has MUCH better gaming performance than Windows 7 and DirectX 12 will only be for Windows 8.1. Also if you want SLI then i would get a MUCH larger watt power supply best is to get over 1000 watts. It may seem crazy but that is actually how much you need for SLI. Also make sure your motherboard is SLI ready. But if you don't want a 1000 watt power supply and you want to save money by not getting an SLI configuration then you should get a 650 watt power supply because 500 watts is not enough. Also I wanted to point out that you are very smart for buying over the year because you can catch sales on components. I also wanted to point out that the stock AMD FX 8350 cooler sounds like a god damn jet engine! I can't even hear what my mom is saying from downstairs! That is how loud it is. You should probably get an aftermarket cooler. Not something needed but maybe if you want to see how the noise is on stock cooler and then think about an aftermarket cooler then it could be something for you. You should buy Windows though. Other than that great build.

Good luck!