Is this a great/balance build?

phenomk90

Honorable
Sep 29, 2018
Hello. I have my upcoming build as shown below.

Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo
Asrock B450m Pro4
2x8GB Klevv Bolt DDR4 3000mhz CL15
Kingston A400 480gb SSD
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W
Inno3d Gtx 1080 Ti Twin X2

My question is is it a balanced build? Will my cpu bottleneck my gpu? Please share your thoughts on this build or any advice. Thank you.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's pretty good actually(!) -But what's the resolution of your monitor?
It won't be balanced if it's just a 1080p one. At least a 1440p monitor to go with that high-end card you're grabbing.

A 850w psu isn't necessary unless you're planning to SLI? A 650-700w would've been enough if you're not.

You don't need a CPU cooler, the 2600 comes with one.
The PSU is an older midrange model. I would get a better quality 650 or 750 watt. Quality is more important than wattage. Seasonic Focus, EVGA Supernova G2 or G3, and Corsair TX or RM series are recommended.

phenomk90

Honorable
Sep 29, 2018
Too bad. My monitor only ips 1080p 75hz. The Thing with my current psu. Because that particular model actually came from my original build several years ago as Silent M Pro 850w. But it broke down during warranty period. So i sent it for RMA and i bought a new 600w aerocool strike x in the meantime. Eventually they gave me a newer model as a replacement and it went unused for several years. So i think why not using it for new build? That would save me around 90 dollars. And with the cpu cooler thing. Actually i plan to do overclocking for the first time. And my target is 4.2ghz. I'm pretty sure that the stock cooler won't be enough to do the job. So i bought a new one instead. But i don't know if this one can do the job or not. So my current psu not enough for an 1080 ti?

For max overclocking, you will want a better CPU cooler, in the $60-85 range.

I can't tell you how well the PSU will perform. The fact that you already had an issue with the same model on a lower wattage system would tell me that I shouldn't use it. Like I said, it was a mid level PSU 6 years ago and likely lacks all newer protections which means you take the risk that the PSU could potentially damage other components.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You'll want to turn v-sync on for the more cpu demanding titles - which will be most of them due to the 1080ti - to cope with screen tearing.
1070 would pair better with that monitor, and you won't have to deal with that insufferable v-sync. Plus, the extra money you'd save from that could go towards a better power supply and cpu cooler.

phenomk90

Honorable
Sep 29, 2018
Tq for all of your opinion. Now i have all the parts arrived. But i'm stuck in connecting all my cable. Because all those front panel header pin are too close to each other. I don't know i should connect it horizontally or vertically? Anyone can help me regarding this?

with older power supply they may be anloge and not digitail like the newer units. a few years ago when intel dropped haswell cpu a lot of power supply failed becuase they were analog and the 12v rail could not go down to the low voltage that haswell did when it went to sleep. this cause power supply vendor to remake there units and test to be haswell support for low voltage on the main rails. with ryzen if they run low voltage when in sleep mode your older power supply may shut off. or you may have to change the sleep mode in the bios for the rig not to shut off.

phenomk90

Honorable
Sep 29, 2018
Thks guys. I tried the Gta V with my new build and it perform as expected. Max out settings at 1080p no problem. But need to manually set my gpu fan because left it in auto the gpu can reach 86 degrees. After manual setting around 55 percent fan speed my gpu never exceed 65 degrees. Very satisfied. And this air cooler cool the ryzen much better than my former i5 750 + corsair h50. The latter never went below 45 degrees on idle. Even without overclocking.