Question Is this a power supply issue ?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Looks like electrical inteference. It *could* be the PSU, but if you have a junk PSU -- and it sounds like you do -- it shouldn't ever be running a GPU that requires supplementary power. So, replacing the PSU with something safe and reputable is an obvious first thing to try, given that it should have already been done under any and all circumstances.

There are other things to try. There could be an issue at the house, or with something else plugged into the same circuit as the PC (I'd only have the PC and monitor plugged in to that circuit while testing). There could be another device or an electric fan nearby. Knowing the history of the problem and this PC would be far more useful than just knowing that the problem exists. The more specific and detailed you can be, the better the chance that we can remotely lock onto the primary problem.

May 20, 2024
Looks like electrical inteference. It *could* be the PSU, but if you have a junk PSU -- and it sounds like you do -- it shouldn't ever be running a GPU that requires supplementary power. So, replacing the PSU with something safe and reputable is an obvious first thing to try, given that it should have already been done under any and all circumstances.

There are other things to try. There could be an issue at the house, or with something else plugged into the same circuit as the PC (I'd only have the PC and monitor plugged in to that circuit while testing). There could be another device or an electric fan nearby. Knowing the history of the problem and this PC would be far more useful than just knowing that the problem exists. The more specific and detailed you can be, the better the chance that we can remotely lock onto the primary problem.
Thank you for reaching out.
I had this issue for a while now with DVI to DVI connection thus my monitor only has one DVI and a vga port. For some time I used HDMI to VGA adapter and it worked quite perfectly until it suddenly stopped working. Now I'm using a 720p TV with HDMI with no issus thus far. I bought a DP to DVI adapter (which was plugged in when recording the video) and it didn't worked out either, also the gpu bios are already up to date so I don't think it's a drivers issue.

May 20, 2024
DP to DVI adapters are notably cheap and kinda dodgy. That could be an issue.

It's a good sign that the HDMI is working.

That PSU still needs to replaced before your RX 570 meets its maker sooner than it otherwise would have.
Is there anything else I should try before buying a new PSU?
My PC is directly plugged into the wall and I don't think there is any issues with the electricity in my house and most of the time there isn't any other electronics near the PC other than the monitor.

Btw do you have a recommendation for a better psu?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is there anything else I should try before buying a new PSU?
My PC is directly plugged into the wall and I don't think there is any issues with the electricity in my house and most of the time there isn't any other electronics near the PC other than the monitor.

Btw do you have a recommendation for a better psu?

Since you have a GPU that requires supplementary power, nothing lower than Tier B, at least 550W.

Reactions: Amila6392