Question Is this a sign of a failing PSU? HWiNFO inside

Jun 27, 2022
I'm not positive about the results, but from what I've seen this could indicate a failing PSU correct?
1YwCGA6.png

You may try: just boot into the BIOS, because I don't know which PC you had, but read the PC manual to see: either the PC health or hardware monitor section something like that, you should be able to read that voltages readings. If you get same or almost the same, very low numbers. And yes, your PSU had problem, it is time to buy the new one.

Keep in mind: these readings should be within +/- 5%.

Jun 27, 2022
Understood, I knew nothing about the PSU besides that that seemed to be way too far off from the optimal numbers lol. I didn't know the BIOS would spit out different ones. Stressing CPU through CPU-Z pretty quickly gets my temp to near 80, so I'm thinking it may just be on overheating problem.

You should check your BIOS as well, considering those readings are really bad, too... if it's the same, you should get a new PSU. Those values are not within the 5% tolerance window.

The PSU is fine, the motherboard sensor might read a bit differently because I'm using an extension cable, the additional length of the wires could alter the values a bit.