cata.gcc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020
Hi! I have a i5-2400 cpu paired with a gtx 1050 ti, as i don't play very demanding titles (most of the time i play f1 2019 and euro truck simulator 2) this wasn't a problem till' 1 month ago when i bought f1 2021. On f1 2019 i played on a combination of high and ultra at 50-60fps, and so i thought that f1 2021 wouldn't cause any problems for my pc. I was wrong, the game runs at 60 fps on ultra low settings. I searched some 1050 ti tests for f1 2021 on youtube, and they were all playing at high and ultra at 50 fps, so i was confused why my pc wouldn't run the same. I googled other people experiencing the same thing as me, and most of the solutions said that the cpu is bottlenecking the gpu. So i installed Nvidia's framework and checked the cpu and gpu usage, at first it indicated that it was indeed a bottleneck because i started a monaco gp race and at the scenes of the water with yachts the cpu usage was 99% and the gpu was 40%, an thenin the first 2 laps of the race the gpu usage became 85-90-95% and the cpu became 45-50%. That's where i get confused, do any of you know if this is a bottleneck or not?

Solution
There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

Realize that your i5-2500 is a second gen processor that is over 10 years old.It is unlikely that you could buy a cpu upgrade for your motherboard that would be worth it.
You can buy a 10th gen i3-10100 processsor that is twice as strong, a lga1200 motherboard and 16gb of ddr4 ram for $250
There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

Realize that your i5-2500 is a second gen processor that is over 10 years old.It is unlikely that you could buy a cpu upgrade for your motherboard that would be worth it.
You can buy a 10th gen i3-10100 processsor that is twice as strong, a lga1200 motherboard and 16gb of ddr4 ram for $250

Solution