Question Is this config futureproof

Oct 7, 2022
Hi! I want to buy a new PC and in the store give me this config and i dont know it is future proof or not, how much year can i play on it with nice graphics settings?
Motherboard: GigaByte Z590
CPU: Intel Core I7-11700F
RAM: 16GB 3000Mhz 2*8Gb
SSD: 480GB
HDD: 1TB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb
PowerUnit: 700W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please mention the make and model of the unit. What you've stated is the advertised wattage of the unit.

Just to point out, there's no such thing as future proofing...everything in the world of tech ends up being obsolete due to the next thing that comes out due to advancements in technology. Yes the build might last a long while but you might need to reduce details on your gaming sessions or you need to accept that some computational tasks take a little longer than when you first built the platform, considering software/app's/games will demand more from your system.

As opposed to you stating your specs generically, can you please pass on a link to all the parts you're eyeing to purchase?

Oct 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please mention the make and model of the unit. What you've stated is the advertised wattage of the unit.

Just to point out, there's no such thing as future proofing...everything in the world of tech ends up being obsolete due to the next thing that comes out due to advancements in technology. Yes the build might last a long while but you might need to reduce details on your gaming sessions or you need to accept that some computational tasks take a little longer than when you first built the platform, considering software/app's/games will demand more from your system.

As opposed to you stating your specs generically, can you please pass on a link to all the parts you're eyeing to purchase?
I dont have links i just wrote down what i get in the store. They send me an email and this was the email. I just wanna know huw much year can my PC run the newer and newer games

Hi! I want to buy a new PC and in the store give me this config and i dont know it is future proof or not, how much year can i play on it with nice graphics settings?
Motherboard: GigaByte Z590
CPU: Intel Core I7-11700F
RAM: 16GB 3000Mhz 2*8Gb
SSD: 480GB
HDD: 1TB
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb
Well - it is not a high end system by any means. More like upper mid-range.
CPU and board is not latest generation.​
16GB might be too little already (depending on your workload).​
Amount of available storage is ridiculously small (considering sizes of modern games, 100GB and larger games are a norm now).​
Be careful not to get some garbage PSU for your system. This is extremely important.