Question Is this configuration good enough?

May 1, 2024
The top fan should be exhaust, not intake. Otherwise, it is an average case. Fine for most uses.

What are you putting in this case?

Ryzen 5 1600 Six-core
GTX 970

About the top fan, I want positive air pressure that's why the top is intake, the front I push air to the GPU, and the exhaust is exhaust. If you can suggest where to move the top one so I can still have 2 intake, 1 exhaust.
And is it a problem that the front panel is not opened?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Ryzen 5 1600 Six-core
GTX 970

About the top fan, I want positive air pressure that's why the top is intake, the front I push air to the GPU, and the exhaust is exhaust. If you can suggest where to move the top one so I can still have 2 intake, 1 exhaust.
And is it a problem that the front panel is not opened?
The front design will limit airflow, to some extent. The whole "positive air pressure" thing is not really a significant factor. You are working against the natural flow of hot air rising.

Cooling is more about good airflow, than about pressure.

May 1, 2024
If you want to use top intake place it as far forward in the case as you can. The front being blocked off is never very good which will limit peak cooling, but the equipment you have should be fine.
I see better temperature for my CPU like 5 C lower. I think I just need to put some hole in my front panel so that the front fan doesn't use a lot of the air inside.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Or get a better case, in terms of airflow. Airflow is what allows movement of air and that cools more effectively than disrupting the flow (and what @thestryker was addressing by suggesting to reposition the fan).

I've been doing the computer thing for decades and see little/no merit regarding positive/negative pressure vs. better airflow. Better airflow always wins in my experience.

Typically, front, bottom, and side fans are intake. Top and rear are exhaust.

Reactions: thestryker
May 1, 2024
Or get a better case, in terms of airflow. Airflow is what allows movement of air and that cools more effectively than disrupting the flow (and what @thestryker was addressing by suggesting to reposition the fan).

I've been doing the computer thing for decades and see little/no merit regarding positive/negative pressure vs. better airflow. Better airflow always wins in my experience.

Typically, front, bottom, and side fans are intake. Top and rear are exhaust.

Ok, I see your point. I will try this, thank you very much!

TRENDING THREADS