Is this GPU bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple Gamer Dany

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Hello, i have recently found a Notebook with Nvidia GeForce GT 940 , and the question is :
Is it so horrible at gaming? I mean it wont hurt to decrease the resolution to run Battlefield 4 smooth (60 FPS) at Medium settings. And yea i know that there are some models that have GTX 850 or GTX 950 for the same price but i live in germany and there are some reasons that i can not order them. This is the only option (plus it has 128GB SSD and an i5-5200U) and i dont think that this Notebook is ''THAT BAD''.
So yea... is this a good mid-range notebook?

Simple Gamer Dany

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

The thing isthat i will have to carry it because i go to a college and i dont think i can take a PC into my briefcase. Plus i need keyboard and display.

Simple Gamer Dany

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

No i it has a aditional 128GB SSD to the 1TB HDD
Thanks a lot thow :D.

TheAlmightyProo

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
That processor is bad. A designed for skinny ultrabook dual core 2.2 that boosts to 2.7... any of the i7 47** laptop CPU's will destroy it for performance. The GT940 isn't great either but doable if you lower the game settings (shouldn't be an issue for most) It's that CPU that makes me shudder... You might just about run BF4 on that but not much higher. My best buds gf got a laptop with a 5200u thinking she could happily game away and now has a high tech paperweight...
If you want to save money you could look at some of the higher AMD A series laptops. They're not amazing (compared to Intel) and run a little hot but are getting cheaper almost by the day... I've had one for 3 years and although about to upgrade it's done just fine for most things.

Simple Gamer Dany

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

Do you mean Kaveri CPUs with integrated graphics or Athlon?

Status
Not open for further replies.