Question Is this only cosmetic damage that I shouldn't worry about ?

Nov 7, 2023
Hey, recently I had a chance to finally get my dream pc (rtx 4080, i7 13700k) and unfortunately when I was plugging hdmi cable (my monitor didnt show bios with displayport, had to switch to hdmi)
I accidentally tried to push it into another display port slot and the plastic on right edge has now a small dent:

https://imgur.com/a/WDCB303 , View: https://imgur.com/a/6soStpL

I have checked this port and it works fine, I think that the metal parts on it are untouched and the little damage is only on the plastic part. However I still think about it and worry if for sure everything is okay. Can someonet tell me if its just me being ocd? Or is it a serious damage?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the port is yet outputting display to your panel, I'd leave it be. IMHO, that's a very costly mistake to put your RTX4080 through. In retrospect, you should have access to another DP on the card, apart from the one with a damaged port.

Nov 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the port is yet outputting display to your panel, I'd leave it be. IMHO, that's a very costly mistake to put your RTX4080 through. In retrospect, you should have access to another DP on the card, apart from the one with a damaged port.
Okay, I didn't push the hdmi all the way in, I just used slightly too much force wihich resulted in that dent. And I have checked everything I could, even other ports, if the image is being displayed properly, if temperatures in games are like they should be, even checked in dxdiag if the display plugged to this port is said to be working properly. I have done all I could. I know its a silly mistake easy to avoid but it happend. I was firstly even thinking about sending it out to repair but since some of my friends said its purely cometic damage I'm not sure if its worth it

Nov 7, 2023
Should be fine. Can you tell me how is the screen doing
It’s fine, I have checked on some yt led screen test, no weird issues appeared, same on desktop and in game. Everything was looking how its should. I have also checked in driver settings and dxdiag and they both present that „device is working properly”