Is this overclock good or not?

ojnab

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Hello I have MSI GTX 960 2GB and A81MD motherboard. I also have 600watts aerocool rave rated 80+ bronze PSU. I don't know if this gonna hurt my system since im new to overclocking please see my overclock screenshot

I got 65 celcius temp on gaming. (max settings dota 2) and fps is 125-150 from 110-143

http://prntscr.com/g6toih

Solution
having a better PSU really just rules out potentially frying your system, or your pc under performing or shutting down unexpectedly. You ' may' be able to keep your current OC on GPU, and your PSU might be okay. But do you want to take the chance. Getting a new PSU from Tier 2, something like an EVGA GQ/G2 550-650w will serve you well. it will allow you to run higher end parts and OC too! The OC on the card won't be effected per say. If your current GPU fails, well then yes, if you OC the card you could have shutdowns as I mentioned above. Getting a new PSU will negate that. With regard to the OC on the card though, with all things being normal, including having a good PSU, then maybe you could push the card further. but that really...

ojnab

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015

Incase if I upgrade my PSU, do you think I can still increase core clock or mem clock? or both? thanks

having a better PSU really just rules out potentially frying your system, or your pc under performing or shutting down unexpectedly. You ' may' be able to keep your current OC on GPU, and your PSU might be okay. But do you want to take the chance. Getting a new PSU from Tier 2, something like an EVGA GQ/G2 550-650w will serve you well. it will allow you to run higher end parts and OC too! The OC on the card won't be effected per say. If your current GPU fails, well then yes, if you OC the card you could have shutdowns as I mentioned above. Getting a new PSU will negate that. With regard to the OC on the card though, with all things being normal, including having a good PSU, then maybe you could push the card further. but that really depends on the card itself, the temps not going above a certain level, and also software being used, and the goals you want to achieve. OC'ing hardware is not exactly just dialing in numbers and getting clear results. It takes more time to get it OC'd to it's max. Testing all the way for stability.

Solution