Question Is this RAM compatible with my laptop?

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. I want to upgrade the RAM of my laptop, which is Acer Aspire A315-22. The RAM i will buy is this: ADATA 4GB DDR4 2666MHz AD4S2666J4G19-B

So, can someone tell me whether or not this RAM will work on the laptop? If you need more information about the specifications of the laptop, tell me what exactly you need to know, and i will show you the information.

Thanks.

That isn't the full model number. There are additional numbers that determine the sub-model of the A315-22 series laptops which can entirely change what hardware is packed inside. Different sub model of that same laptop might be AMD or Intel, or in some cases although not specifically in this case, also potentially even ARM processors.

Somewhere, on a sticker on the backside of the unit, or printed on the battery compartment cover inside, or under the battery, somewhere on the unit is the full model number. That is usually 100% necessary to determine anything about any laptop.

Download and run CPU-Z, then look in the memory tab. It'll tell you what type of RAM is currently installed. You should get something that matches those specs as much as possible.

Note CPU-Z reports RAM speed as its actual speed. The number after "DDR4" is double that.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
That isn't the full model number. There are additional numbers that determine the sub-model of the A315-22 series laptops which can entirely change what hardware is packed inside. Different sub model of that same laptop might be AMD or Intel, or in some cases although not specifically in this case, also potentially even ARM processors.

Somewhere, on a sticker on the backside of the unit, or printed on the battery compartment cover inside, or under the battery, somewhere on the unit is the full model number. That is usually 100% necessary to determine anything about any laptop.

This is the full name: Acer Aspire 3 A315-22-44a9 A4-9120 / 4GB / 256GB

Here is some info from CPU-Z:

Processor:
Name: AMD K15
Code Name: Stoney Ridge
Package: Socket FT4
Specification: AMD A4-9120e RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G

Mainboard:
Manufacturer: SR
Model: Rose_SR (V1.09)
Bus Specs: PCI-Express 3.0 (8.0 GT/s)
Chispet: AMD | K15 IMC | Rev. 00
Southbridge: AMD | FCH | Rev. 11

BIOS:
Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Version: V1-09 - AMD AGESA StoneyPI (V1.3.0.G)
Date: 05/15/2020

Memory:
Type: DDR4 | Channel: Single
Size: 4Gbytes
Uncore Frequency: 1000 Mhz

Is this information enough to tell me if it's compatible? If you feel you need more information to make the decisions, i will send you screenshots of the information shown by CPU-Z, so it can look more accurate and detailed.

If you need to know something else, just tell me.

Thanks.

So, this is weird. I'm unable to actually get any results of that exact model. Multiple similar models, but not that one. I think I'm being blocked from that information, IDK why and it's weird, but maybe because of geographic or geopolitical reasons right now? IDK? Lot going on out there and hopefully we ALL pull through it and things calm themselves down, before much longer. Because if not, looks bad.