Question Is this second-hand motherboard faulty?

NalevQT

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
I bricked my old MB last week, and since the thing was ancient as this point anyway, decided to replace it. I am on a (tight) budget, so went with a used MB from a supposedly trusted person (according to the website I bought it on). After spending almost an entire day trying to get my rig to post in the first place (had to flash the BIOS twice, reset the CMOS, build the PC from the ground up as you will see in the linked video to troubleshoot parts), I got it to boot and install windows, updated all the drivers, chipset driver etc.

Now comes a follow up issue, so instead of explaining I took a video today (in order). Every time I want to switch my PC off I have to go through the same process in the video if I want it to actually boot. I tried backdating my BIOS to the version before the latest, checked and confirmed that BIOS settings regarding the PCIe slot is fine. I'm just completely stumped, is this MB faulty? Did this guy give me a janky one?

View: https://youtu.be/iqosHGHXuY0
<--- sorry its a bit long

PC specs:
Gigabyte x570 Gaming X (new, but used MB I bought)
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Radeon 5600XT
HyperX DDR4 2666MHz 2x8GB (in slots 2/4)
HIKVision 1TB NVMe M.2
Biostar 120GB SSD

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age as well.

had to flash the BIOS twice
How did you flash the BIOS on a seemingly dead/unresponsive motherboard?

HyperX DDR4 2666MHz 2x8GB (in slots 2/4)
Your motherboard has slots labelled on the PCB, A2/B2?

NalevQT

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
PSU is a Cougar 1000CM, about 10 years old at this point. Had no issues with it whatsoever before.

Flashed BIOS on the new board, as you can see in the video it's not unresponsive/dead.

RAM is in slots A2/B2 yes