Question Is this the right cable for SSD power input ?

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
So basically I got an SSD and I was wondering if this cable is the one that I need to put on the power slot.

20221125-012940.jpg

20221125-013729.jpg

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
That's the right connection. There is usually 2-3 of these connections on a single cable from the PSU. Perfectly normal. I've got 3 ssds myself on a single cable.

Enjoy the shiny new SSD :)

Perfect thank you so much!!!
Just one more thing, my PSU is extremely cheap, does it load it more than the HDD?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the ssd will use the power it needs. the psu only gives what is asked of it. it does not determine what is given. an ssd uses a lot less power then a spinning hdd. around 4-5w usually.

if your psu is old and very cheap it is worth replacing it. tons of good prices right now with the black friday sales. the psu is the engine of the system. you'd not buy a lambo and then ask for a cheap 1.0 ltr 3 cylinder engine would you to save a few bucks?

we can easily offer some options if you are interested. i've seen a bunch of good prices on various models and power levels

Reactions: DRickraft

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
the ssd will use the power it needs. the psu only gives what is asked of it. it does not determine what is given. an ssd uses a lot less power then a spinning hdd. around 4-5w usually.

if your psu is old and very cheap it is worth replacing it. tons of good prices right now with the black friday sales. the psu is the engine of the system. you'd not buy a lambo and then ask for a cheap 1.0 ltr 3 cylinder engine would you to save a few bucks?

we can easily offer some options if you are interested. i've seen a bunch of good prices on various models and power levels

Perfect, thank you so much!!