OliO

Distinguished
May 27, 2001
Hey, I read from a site that says "The Creative CD-Writer is basically a plextor OEM drive, it's manufactured by PLextor but Creative puts it's branding on it."
Is this true ?
by the way, I would like to ask you guys to help me to decide which CD-RW to buy ?
Ricoh, Yamaha, Plextor, Aopen and Creative. All of them are not bad (not sure about creative), so I hope you guys can give me a hand to decide which one I should get. Money is not a matter for me but I prefer bucks/performance and the vibration level of the drive isn't a matter for me also :) Just want to get a kick ass CD-RW :)
Thanks man :)

>>>when we are forgotten , we seized to exist<<<

G

i would go with a plextor. i just picked up the 12/10/32a, and used nero to burn 700mb of data at 12x, while watching a divx movie, with photoshop 6 open, no problem. clocked in at just under 6 minutes.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I know that's true about Teacs, but I don't think it's true with Creatives. I could be wrong.

Actually, Teac makes the controller? for Plextor drives. I have a 12/10/32 Teac, and it rocks.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ricoh 12x10x32x.
fast full cd burns in around 6 minutes.
nice and quiet.
can also do cd ripps at full 32x
:)

a sweet drive.
justlink coaster prevention technology works well too.

once i decided i would REALLY test it. did a mp3 to cd audio CD at full speed then did a high priority disk defrag in the background and seti@home also on high priority.
end result:
cd burn interrupted by justlink ~48 times due to insufficient mem/harddrive access.
cd audio quality:
perfect.

so yeah, either the ricoh or the plextor.

My hamster really wants to give you a big kiss, you sexy hunk you!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
<<<Quarter pounder inside
Change the Sig of the Week!!!>>>

amen brotha' man

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>