Question Is this weird artifact related to my GPU

Mar 11, 2021
Hello,

I've been having some weird problems with my laptop for some time now and I can't find anything anywhere. I've even posted another one of my glitches here and I, unfortunately, didn't get any answers. I'm trying my luck again to see if this is something recognizable.

Whenever I use chrome as a pdf reader to read some books, I get this weird thing where characters seem to be misplaced or something. In this video: "
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvIyM2CLZA&ab_channel=WokFadz
", you can see on the very last line that there is some sort of misalignment with the characters, and whenever I move it out and back into the frame, the misalignment happens somewhere else on the line. (It's easier to see on A's and S's") It doesn't matter if I switch applications and come back, the line is permanently "damaged". The only way to fix it is to reload the page(see update), but since it barely affects the text, it doesn't bother me too much. It's just enough to make me wonder if something is wrong with my GPU.

Here is my other post talking about another of my problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Model: GP65 Leopard 10SFK

Processor Information:
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0xa5
CPU Stepping: 0x2
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 2592 Mhz
12 logical processors
6 physical processors

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)

Video Card:
Driver: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 26.20.100.7642
DirectX Driver Version: 27.21.14.6172
Driver Date: 1 22 2020
OpenGL Version: 4.6

DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Memory:
RAM: 16205 Mb

Last edited:

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Artifacting usually presents itself as smudges, spots, lines, dots, strange geometrick patterns...
Though I can't really distinguish the symptoms in the video what you are describing Is an application related error. Maybe try using a different browser like Fire Fox.

Mar 11, 2021
Artifacting usually presents itself as smudges, spots, lines, dots, strange geometrick patterns...
Though I can't really distinguish the symptoms in the video what you are describing Is an application related error. Maybe try using a different browser like Fire Fox.

Were it just these weird lines in the pdf, I would pay it no mind, but what bothers me is the plethora of little bugs such as these hidden everywhere. On Word, there's a chance a character will go blank, on Netflix, subtitles sometimes grey out in certain areas, and now this. It's the accumulation that makes me fear the worst. I will probably use my integrated graphics card and run some tests if I cannot pinpoint my problem but thank you for the answer, it's really appreciated.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
The subtitles acting weird on netflix would annoy me. Though it is a feature to change the appearance of the subtitles they shouldn't change on their own. Are you using the netflix app or on a browser, and does it happen regardless of which you use? I agree these buggs are not normal. How long has this been going on and did you happen to install any new software or programs just before this started happening?

Mar 11, 2021
The subtitles acting weird on netflix would annoy me. Though it is a feature to change the appearance of the subtitles they shouldn't change on their own. Are you using the netflix app or on a browser, and does it happen regardless of which you use? I agree these buggs are not normal. How long has this been going on and did you happen to install any new software or programs just before this started happening?
My pc is relatively new and this has been happening for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if these issues came in the box. I have no problems with games, except for one weird artifact occurrence in Mankind Divided. As for Netflix, it doesn't happen often enough for me to find it really annoying, maybe once or twice every two movies. I don't think any software is causing the issue, but you never know...