Is userbenchmark dot com trustworthy?

thomas81br

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Hello, is the site http://www.userbenchmark.com trustworthy inm regards:

1) Can their results be trusted? Are they correct and honest, and "trustworthy" (dont they use for example some bad method for testing etc.)?
2) doesnt their benchmark you have to download to test your computer have some backdoors or instal trojans etc.?

Im growing to like the site for comparing results (im going to buy some new components so im looking there how they scored), and in general is the http://www.userbenchmark.com trustworthy?

thanks a lot!

Solution
I'm not even sure what benchmarks they are using. Also relying on all the user submissions to be accurate tests and that they didn't have other applications running during the test. And then there is overclocking to skew the results. Benchmarks done by review sites always out stock and overclocked values side by side.

Any installation on any computer has some risk to it. Up to you to decide if the risk is worth the reward.

Layout of the site is somewhat useful. Lets you compare similar parts rapidly.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not even sure what benchmarks they are using. Also relying on all the user submissions to be accurate tests and that they didn't have other applications running during the test. And then there is overclocking to skew the results. Benchmarks done by review sites always out stock and overclocked values side by side.

Any installation on any computer has some risk to it. Up to you to decide if the risk is worth the reward.

Layout of the site is somewhat useful. Lets you compare similar parts rapidly.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
"Any installation on any computer has some risk to it. Up to you to decide if the risk is worth the reward."

All anyone can tell you. I can only say it is a very professionally made site. You can read through their privacy agreement and license agreement on their installer and see if you agree with it.

They don't list an operating location, company, list of personnel or anything you could really connect back to them for which kind of concerns me.

Personally I have never seen this site until you made this post.

thomas81br

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Wow thats a little bit scarry, i thought that the site is well known (like tomshardware).... hm... but they got surely quite a lot of entries for each component...