[SOLVED] Is VR in android worth it as PC?

GianYagami

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
I've seen some VR dock with remote for android phones like VR box but it's hard to find review about this kind of product. I am interested to buy it but i am afraid the quality isn't good as pc vr (implying about controller precision). If someone had tried this just let me know 😊

Solution
There's a significant leap between Google's VR Standard->Stationary VR (PlayStation) (faster refresh and better graphics)->PC room scale (being able to move and better graphics)->high res room scale (significantly reduced screen door).

You're talking several leaps, so it's not even the same league. I've used google cardboard. It's a fun little intro and phone adapter boxes can be had for $10 from Walmart. But you'll be motion sick within 30 minutes due to low refresh rate. Controls can be frustrating too without dedicated way to interface with the device.
There's a significant leap between Google's VR Standard->Stationary VR (PlayStation) (faster refresh and better graphics)->PC room scale (being able to move and better graphics)->high res room scale (significantly reduced screen door).

You're talking several leaps, so it's not even the same league. I've used google cardboard. It's a fun little intro and phone adapter boxes can be had for $10 from Walmart. But you'll be motion sick within 30 minutes due to low refresh rate. Controls can be frustrating too without dedicated way to interface with the device.

Reactions: GianYagami
Solution

GianYagami

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

Yes you right, i've found it and that devices has no hand tracking. It's not fun at all.