[SOLVED] Is x570 reliable for ryzen? If so, which board is the best for your buck?

Aug 18, 2019
I'm currently building a new (my first ever) rig and I went for a ryzen 7 3700x. The thing holding me back is the x570 boards. I read quite a bit of reviews and a part of them said that they had some type of issue with the boards. For example, I heard a lot of people getting WHEA PCIe Errors (or something around those lines).

I was wondering if buying one would be the right move. I wan't to future proof my build and I might use PCIE 4.0 in the future so that's why I'm looking for a x570 mobo.

I was looking at two boards and they seemed to be somewhat good for the price (I don't have the money to be spending 400$CAD on a motherboard and, correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's not necessary for the CPU I'm picking). The two boards are the Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus and MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WIFI.

Which one of them is the best/best value? Should I even go with a X570 in first place?

(Sorry if I'm not clear or if I'm vague, understand things wrong, saying dumb/false things. This is still kinda new to me and I still have a lot to learn lol.)

Solution
MPG x570 Gaming Edge WIFI have problem with vrm's and overall the bord temprature Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus and Gigabye X570 Aorus elite are good choices for 200$ price range. Right now the main reason to buy the X570 motherboards is the PCI-e 4.0 support for fast nvme drives it will take some years until the graphics cards can utilize PCI-e 4.0 so you will probably then change cpu and motherboard anyway. A MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX or MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max should be more than enough for your 3700X at 110-120$ and out of the box compatible , the choice is yours. I personally run the 3700X with a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 that have the same VRM's with B350 models and a really bad VRM cooling solution , still the vrm's run at 70-75C on full...
MPG x570 Gaming Edge WIFI have problem with vrm's and overall the bord temprature Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus and Gigabye X570 Aorus elite are good choices for 200$ price range. Right now the main reason to buy the X570 motherboards is the PCI-e 4.0 support for fast nvme drives it will take some years until the graphics cards can utilize PCI-e 4.0 so you will probably then change cpu and motherboard anyway. A MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX or MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max should be more than enough for your 3700X at 110-120$ and out of the box compatible , the choice is yours. I personally run the 3700X with a Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 that have the same VRM's with B350 models and a really bad VRM cooling solution , still the vrm's run at 70-75C on full load (the max is 125C based on gigabyte) and did not experience any problem.This is a very helpfull review video for 200$ X570 motherboards like the Gaming Edge , TUF , Aorus elite:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PkZwY9PWM

Solution