Israeli Security Opens Fire on a MacBook. Thrice.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Good for them leaving the laptop unattended and then pissing and moaning about how important it was, STFU stupid tourist. If it's so important to you why leave it unattended DA LOL.

plasmicmike

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
She should have gone to jail or at least been fined. What moron leaves their bag unattended in a 3rd world security checkpoint? How absolutely ignorant is this person?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"I had left it unattended..."

and

"all my client case notes and testimony, writing, pictures, music and applications. Years of work."

a. Ever heared of a BACKUP ?

b. Are you an Attorney who leaves his 'client notes' UNATTENDED?

Shooting the Laptop may be a bit over the top, but IEDs (improvised explosive devices) have been using all sorts of innocent looking items. If this was an airport in Duluth,MN I'd say overkill... but an airport in Israel... I can understand.

(Any no, I am not Jewish, I am actually German)

Happy holidays to all !

Peter

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]that's why you don't leave your bag unattended, because of people like you we have such stupid rules at the airport.[/citation]

People that leave their bags unattended aren't the reason for the rules. The reason for the rules is for people who leave their bombs unattended.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Most likely a Desert Eagle.[/citation]
Makes sense, shoot people with something that kills 1st bullet every time. A good .50 Cal will take care of that, dont let the guy have a chance to grab the ringpull on his exploding iVest.

Hey, how come Apple hasn't tried to trade mark iSlam yet... (ooo bad taste...)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"dont let the guy have a chance to grab the ringpull on his exploding iVest."

Uh, I am in favor of shooting them "later" but ever heared of a Dead Man Switch ?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"dont let the guy have a chance to grab the ringpull on his exploding iVest."Uh, I am in favor of shooting them "later" but ever heared of a Dead Man Switch ?[/citation]
Yea, those suicide bombers are known for common sense, if they had brain cell one they would tell the Imam's that brainwash them to go fuck themselves and enjoy life instead of blowing people up.

rebelflag

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Shooting an IED made with C4 will detonate the device. C4 is detonated by high pressure. In Vietnam soldiers used to use C4 to cook over. They would tear off a piece and light it on fire, kind of like a sterno. The problem came about when they tried to extinguish it quickly by stepping on it.
As far as Israeli security goes, I find it hard to fault their paranoia after all of the things that have happened in their country. Remember when the US went into Iraq in the Gulf war, the first thig Iraq did was fire scuds at Israel. It is easy to become paranoid when you are surrounded by people who not only want to kill you, but who keep trying.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
C4 is detonated with extreme heat and an intense shockwave. Shooting C4 does nothing to it and in fact C4 is rather stable and is non-reactive to most physical attacks. The idea behind shooting an IED is to disable the detonation device. If the detonator fire setting off the C4 then the explosive is still disposed of. Sometimes, devices are placed over the IED or warhead that inject molten copper into the device burning off the C4 before it gets a chance to detonate.

Status
Not open for further replies.