Israeli Security Opens Fire on a MacBook. Thrice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wouldn't just running the luggage through a metal detector instead of pumping it full of lead be a better option?

G

Why does a security checkpoint dispose of suspect packages by shooting it three times? How is that going to safely dispose of the bomb? I hope they compensated her, it seems like they did not even ask her any questions about it before going Rambo.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I'd love to hear the call to Apple support...

Apple Tech: "Have you tried rebooting the machine?"

Macbook owner: "Uh, I don't think that's going to help."

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I'm sure they took it outside and shot at it in a more open surrounding. Her fault in my opinion. They shouldn't have to replace it.

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I'm sure they took it outside and shot at it in a more open surrounding. Her fault in my opinion. They shouldn't have to replace it.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
lmao.

Wow ... as much as I hate Macs .... this is a bit too much.

should tell those boarder people to take a chill pill, have some kosher food(taste like shit to me), and ... point the gun at themselves.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
gendoikari1: If you suspect an item contains an IED (improvised explosive device), the safest thing to do is attempt to set it off at a safe distance. Usually, they just blow it up with a small charge of C4 or Semtex.

jmchien: Probably a Galil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Galil

Others questioning why they shot it: As I said, the best way to deal with a suspicious package is to detonate it with a small charge of C4 or Semtex in a bomb-proof container (a detonation chamber). However, you can also shoot the suspicious page at a discrete distance. The shock from the bullet impacts has a high degree of probability of detonating an improvised explosive (an explosive is, by definition, unstable; and improvised explosives are even more so), and/or the detonator (which will then set off the explosive). Considering the on-going tension between Israel and their neighbors, this is probably a daily occurance.

G

[citation][nom]Horhe[/nom]How stupid you must be to have all your work (years of work) on just one PC, and no backup elsewhere.[/citation]
So Time Machine performed its functions as intented, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.