Question Issue with a new build

agyaani

Honorable
Feb 18, 2019
I was assembling a new system with 14th Gen i5 on MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 motherboard and 4 x 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - DDR4 RAM. When I booted it took some time with the red LED on mobo coming up momentarily followed by the orange one which stayed for some time then the white led which again for some time, but the system booted. I changed the boot order and saved and restarted and all was fine.
Then I plugged in my Windows 11 USB and it was installing. It seems something happened with USB so after the system restarted it kept on saying that I needed to restart and install it again. I tried putting in USB again but now there is no display. I tried changing RAMs as well but still nothing. Like before red led comes on momentarily followed by orange which stays on for some time and then white which again stays for some time but after that, all Leds are off and both CPU cooler and case fan are running nut there is nothing on display.
Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.
I have already tried removing and replacing battery as well as clear cmos using the jumper.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
4 x 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - DDR4 RAM.
Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with?

MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4
You could try and flash the BIOS with the latest version using the Flash BIOS button on the back on the motherboard.

Check to see if there are any bent or broken pins on the CPU socket.

Last edited:

agyaani

Honorable
Feb 18, 2019
The processor is not KF as it is for a Plex server as a F series won't be useful for that purpose. It's i5-14400.

The mobo is brand new so it costed $216.50. The price you mentioned is for used one. I was using a HDMI only but I will try to use just one RAM in A2. I did read manual about the EZ Debug LED but the issue is that after initial sometime none of the LED keeps lit so I am not able to ascertain what may be the issue.

I bought 4x16 as this is what Dell.com had and I had about $200 rewards available to spend at Dell. Plus I think 64 GB is loads for a Plex server.

agyaani

Honorable
Feb 18, 2019
Tried again today and it seems the Hdmi display is not working. Tried display port and was able to go in. Tried flashing bios both using flash as well as the flash button bit it did not work. Tried 2 different USB drives with FAT32 and MBR. Not sure what is happening. Though my mobile recognizes the processor. Tried installing windows 11 but it struck at part where it looks for networks to connect for updating. It just keeps staying there showing no networks. Tried wired network as well but nothing happens.
So I am basically struck again and back for some clues on what could be wrong. I even tried refownloading the windows iso and reinstall but the issue still persists.
Now my ATX 24 pin is struck to mobo so I am not even ae to remove it. Seems nothing is going my way.