Question Issues trying to get RX 570 cards working in crossfire

thecampingreptile

Honorable
Oct 9, 2017
Hi, I have been trying to get my two RX 570 (8GB and 4GB) cards to work in crossfire for a while now and every time I install the other card it comes up with error 43 in device manager, it has power and fan spin, it has new thermal paste and I have reseated it more times than I can count, neither of the cards have a cross fire bridge but I am told that it is all done through the AMD software now which is also up to date, I have searched the internet for a while now but all I can really find id posts from 2013 that are no longer relevant, so my first question is does anybody have any idea on how to tell windows that error 43 is not an error or trick it into thinking its fine and second if thats not possible then how would you recommend trying to fix it, and no I havent put it in an oven yet as I really dont want to have to buy yet more thermal paste.
system specs:
Ryzen 2700X
48GB RAM
Gigabyte X470 gaming wifi 7 mobo
EVGA superNOVA G2 1600 Watt PSU (almost a year old)
1 RX 570 8GB GPU and 1 RX 570 4GB GPU both by MSI
Hdds 1 2TB sshd 1 150GB Hdd 1 500GB Hdd
SSD 2TB NVME drive

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Start by totaling up the wattage requirements for all installed components. Add 25% more.

How close is that final wattage value to the PSU's rated wattage?

thecampingreptile

Honorable
Oct 9, 2017
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Start by totaling up the wattage requirements for all installed components. Add 25% more.

How close is that final wattage value to the PSU's rated wattage?
thanks I have updated it and I am almost certain its not a power issue as on pcpartpicker it gives me a total of a little over 600 watts so even when im OCing and gaming it shouldn't be drawing anything over 1000 watts

Ralston18

Titan
No disagreement per se.

However, PSU manufacturers often establish wattage ratings under ideal circumstances. The higher the wattage the better.....

Component manufacturers, on the other hand, often establish wattage requirements under ideal circumstances. The lower the wattage the better.....

So the gap between wattage available and wattage required is likely narrower than the numbers suggest.

Plus PSU's often have a designed in EOL (End of Life). Likely accelerated if the PSU is used for heavy gaming, graphics work, or bit-mining activities that require the PSU to run at full or near max wattage output.

That leads to an earlier, faltering demise.

And then if you start thinking about the quality of the PSU (ratings etc. aside) it is very likely that manufacturing introduces issues such as sub-standard components and assembly. Could even go back to basic design issues as manufacturers strive to reduce costs.

Two GPU's appears quite problematic.

Looking again at "Error 43":

https://www.lifewire.com/43-errors-explained-2619238

Key is to continue troubleshooting in an attempt to narrow down the source of the problem and eliminate possibilities.

Do not put your GPU's in an oven.

thecampingreptile

Honorable
Oct 9, 2017
No disagreement per se.

However, PSU manufacturers often establish wattage ratings under ideal circumstances. The higher the wattage the better.....

Component manufacturers, on the other hand, often establish wattage requirements under ideal circumstances. The lower the wattage the better.....

So the gap between wattage available and wattage required is likely narrower than the numbers suggest.

Plus PSU's often have a designed in EOL (End of Life). Likely accelerated if the PSU is used for heavy gaming, graphics work, or bit-mining activities that require the PSU to run at full or near max wattage output.

That leads to an earlier, faltering demise.

And then if you start thinking about the quality of the PSU (ratings etc. aside) it is very likely that manufacturing introduces issues such as sub-standard components and assembly. Could even go back to basic design issues as manufacturers strive to reduce costs.

Two GPU's appears quite problematic.

Looking again at "Error 43":

https://www.lifewire.com/43-errors-explained-2619238

Key is to continue troubleshooting in an attempt to narrow down the source of the problem and eliminate possibilities.

Do not put your GPU's in an oven.
thanks ill take a look, I did it before and they worked great but I don't think that will fix this one haha

thecampingreptile

Honorable
Oct 9, 2017
ok, just did something in bios and the card works no problem, its detected and gives a display, but now I have 2 screens running on 2 cards with no option in the radeon settings to do crossfire, im now more confused than when I started.... and the second card, enev though giving video out is still error 43? again very confused

TRENDING THREADS