Question Issues with Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Ultra (freezing, CTDs & more issues)

Jul 8, 2024
Hey guys, i'm getting tons of issues with this motherboard, when i bought it a few months ago was working great, but now everytime i play videogames or do something that makes my PC work harder the screen would freeze, and eventually CTD... and sometimes i would get a blue screen and full restart.

When i move my mouse the USB makes a buzzing high pitch weird sound, i can't tell if was always there or recently because i normally use headphones and won't hear anything.. but started noticing now because i was doing some testing... i even try updating BIOS from F2 to F9 and nothing has changed, same problems, same CTDs on videogames..

PD: what i've tried so far:
changing graphics card
default ram 2133mhz and XMP 3200mhz
Windows 10 and Windows 11 fresh installs
enabling/disabling C-State in BIOS

Do you think my motherboard is faulty? or maybe PSU? Don't know what to do is the first time i have this kind of specific issues.

PC Specs:
Z590 Aorus Ultra
i7 11700KF
GTX 1070 / RX 570 (tried both, same problems)
2x8 RAM (DDR4 -> Corsair LPX 3200mhz)
PSU Thermaltake 650W 80 Plus Smart M

Games tested on Steam:

Counter-Strike 2
Dark and Darker
Hogwarts Legacy
7 Days To Die

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

Z590 Aorus Ultra
+
i even try updating BIOS from F2 to F9 and nothing has changed
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying that BIOS flash was successful?

Have you tried using your mouse on another platform to rule out the peripheral being the root cause of your issue?

Where did you source the installers for your OS(es)?

changing graphics card
Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers prior to swapping out your GPU's then manually reinstalling with the latest GPU driver in an elevated command?

Jul 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

Z590 Aorus Ultra
+
i even try updating BIOS from F2 to F9 and nothing has changed
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying that BIOS flash was successful?

Have you tried using your mouse on another platform to rule out the peripheral being the root cause of your issue?

Where did you source the installers for your OS(es)?

changing graphics card
Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers prior to swapping out your GPU's then manually reinstalling with the latest GPU driver in an elevated command?
Hello, thank you for replying!

My PSU is about 6-7 years old i think

I did clear the CMOS a couple of times, before and after BIOS update

Yes i tried 2 of my mouse devices on another PC and laptop and the issue is 100% from my motherboard ports, no matter where i plug, USB 2.0 or 3.0...

My Windows ISO's source are from Microsoft official website, made by media creation tool or something like that

I did use DDU then reinstalled drivers manually

So far what i manage to solve was the random CTDs on videogames... i did BIOS update again but with QFlash Plus and it seems pretty stable right now, but the buzzing sound coming from USB ports while moving my mouse is still there.. i don't really like tweaking voltages and that kind of things so all i did was try disabling C State and re-enabling it, someone with a Z690 had the same problem and it worked for him, not for me sadly. I will be testing and playing more games when i have time and see if i get CTDs again, but for now that was solved 'reinstalling' BIOS via Q Flash Plus for some reason.. I didn't forced anything and i let my PC do all the job without touching anything while doing it so i don't really know.
PD: i clean the whole PC too, took out the sticks of ram from socket and wipe all the dust, so dirt was not the issue i think, and CPU/GPU temps are pretty stable, was testing with RTSS while playing.

Last edited: