[SOLVED] Issues with repairing computer with blue screen of death

Jan 21, 2020
Hey there,
My computer recently crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. I have tried many of the offered options to fix it such as using system image recovery, startup repair, using CMD to fix using different commands, and even resetting the computer. None of these work with the computer refusing to complete any of these, instead giving vague messages such as: 'there was a problem resetting your pc'

Is this looking like a hardware problem and if so, are there any solutions such as replacing hard drive etc.

Thanks very much for your time

Solution
There are 270 BSOD codes you could have got, its impossible to guess what cause is from here. was the error something like Critical process died? that is one that will stop you bootiing, for instance

Do you have a win 10 installer? If not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Is there anything on C drive you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Since reset won't work, I would suggest a clean install once you have...

Colif

Win 11 Master
There are 270 BSOD codes you could have got, its impossible to guess what cause is from here. was the error something like Critical process died? that is one that will stop you bootiing, for instance

Do you have a win 10 installer? If not, On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Is there anything on C drive you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Since reset won't work, I would suggest a clean install once you have everything off C you want to keep (note, if you have data on other partitions on the hdd C is on, that will be wiped during install so copy it all onto another hdd or USB before hand)
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Now hopefully you won't get any BSOD during install. And error was just caused by a driver.

Solution