It's True. Valve Coming to Macs With Steam Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcxt21

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
Who cares? Of all of the games on Steam right now, only a handful have a mac release. Plus Mac users don't game, a given fact.

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I don't like Apple and don't buy any of their products, but I think this is good. I hope that it would lead to industry standard programing and eventually more games on Linux.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with this.

I'm not sure if they'll see the capital back that they are investing or how much is being invested in it, but I can't begrudge anyone for wanting to game.

I can however begrudge you for your elitist and smarmy attitude, you flowery fresh metro!!
^
|

I kid. Unless you happen to be a Mac owner and somehow think that you are better than I am because you own a Mac. Then, I do begrudge you.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]Where's Episode 3?[/citation]

Ya stop wasting time on something no ones going to use while you have an army of HL fanboys/girls gnawing at the bit for the next episode.

Thought the episode game theory was released more often to lower down time between titles... what ever happened to that?

Only a few games but good depending on ones taste but macs that is like trying to drag race with a Rolls Royce when a custom kit or a Ferrari
is needed. Pre build PC's are like Nascar all run the same till one crashes. MACs look fancy, favored by the elites who destroy nations, and are over priced like some fail caviar (the bad stuff).

FLAME me baby. :)

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Will nvidia and ATI spend millions on R&D for better GPU drivers so Macboys can learn to game? Nahh...[/citation]

It's the same GPU on both sides, same hardware, higher prices. I thought everyone already agreed on this? If you're going to jump on the bashing bandwagon, at least learn what to bash about.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Wow. Way to go Valve, insult your ENTIRE market with that pc vs mac thing with the turret. I mean, just wow.[/citation]

How on earth is that an insult? Get a grip.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]It's the same GPU on both sides, same hardware, higher prices. I thought everyone already agreed on this? If you're going to jump on the bashing bandwagon, at least learn what to bash about.[/citation]
Different drivers.

mbmcavoy

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
As I replaced my PC with a Mac Mini last week, my *only* regret was the loss of a few older unfinished Steam games. Here's to hoping they will available, and I can re-DL them in OSX versions for free!

Oh, and it will be interesting to see how the 9400M actually performs. No, I don't expect greatness from the GPU...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]How on earth is that an insult? Get a grip.[/citation]

I'm sorry? Comparing what appears to be a clunky, industrial, outdated machine to a sleek, refined machine isn't an insult? Really?

[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Will nvidia and ATI spend millions on R&D for better GPU drivers so Macboys can learn to game? Nahh...[/citation]

Let em suffer all they do is 2D work and brag night and day about how "their" MAC is a better "purchase" than a PC. Their jaws drop every time when loading a game with forced 32xq AA filtering enabled (dual gpu setup)

MayDay94

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I'm sorry? Comparing what appears to be a clunky, industrial, outdated machine to a sleek, refined machine isn't an insult? Really?

that level one turret can be upgraded to a level 3 by the engineer. that sleek looking turret from portal has no upgrade path. i think it's an insult to macs. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.