Judges Order Apple to Post Corrected Samsung Statement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Wow, didnt take long for apple to start falling hard after the passing of Steve Jobs, love or hate him, the dude ran Apple with extreme passion and vision. 1980s Apple, here we go again and this time, I don't think Microsoft will help you out. Time to sell stock, especially since there has been talk about them dropping Intel.[/citation]

Agreed. Unfortunately, it looks like what current crApple execs found in Jobs' legacy is how to be a whiney brat rather than a creative genius. If I did own crApple stock, I would sell it now. As I understand it, it is down over $100 in the past month or two.

lost_in

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
from BBC news
One of the other judges, Sir Robin Jacob, added: "I would like to see the head of Apple [Tim Cook]
make an affidavit about why that is such a technical difficulty for the Apple company."
xD

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Teramedia[/nom]@husker:Or even better:2 weeks? Take as long as you like. You lawyers and the CEO will be drafting the content from any of our several spacious 2m x 3m UK accommodations. Each features its own sink, toilet, window, door, bed, and even a security system!We will let you know as soon as we approve of your apology.[/citation]
I like my idea better.....

2wks to comply with the original court order as stated, during which time Apple sales EU wide will be banned, the CEO, CFO, marketing team, design team and legal team will all reside in jail with release pending the judge's approval of the apology....

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
At first I laughed when I read the apology. I am laughing harder now.
I know that it makes no sense to hate a company that will never see another dime from me but...... I guess that I have some evolving to do. I find people's hate for apple amusing. More amusing is loyal apple customers defending apple...... Good times!
Our last Apple product... iphone 4..... it crapped out at about the time the 4s and Galaxy S2 came out. Wife loves her S2..... it does everything better.... can't they sue for that?

f-14

Distinguished
the same thing can be said for my viewsonic 27" monitors

Overall it has undecorated flat surfaces with a plate of glass on the front all the way out to a very thin rim and a blank back. There is a crisp edge around the rim and a combination of curves, both at the corners and the sides. The design looks like an object the informed user would want to pick up and hold. It is an understated, smooth and simple product. It is a cool design.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]syrious1[/nom]I wish the US judges weren't just a bunch of pocket fat pussies![/citation]
I've never heard this before, I'm laughing and I'm not sure at what :)

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]two weeks, almost as pathetic as MS saying it was impossible to remove IE from their OS. Giving credit to their excuse IE was and is at the kernel level so the FEDS would have their kernel level built in back doors.[/citation]
If I remember correctly, you needed IE to use windows update up until XP. Thank god that has been removed since Vista.

halcyon

Splendid
I don't know. I think Apple should just ignore this. Let them ban Apple products in the UK, probably won't make too much difference in Apple's bottom line. If the customers in the UK do seem to mind perhaps the judge can revisit their decision?

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I don't know. I think Apple should just ignore this. Let them ban Apple products in the UK, probably won't make too much difference in Apple's bottom line. If the customers in the UK do seem to mind perhaps the judge can revisit their decision?[/citation]Uh, the judges can do a lot more than simply ban their products. Y'know, like fines? Further, what kind of idiot would shrug off the business of millions of people in an entire country just to avoid a simple apology? Not to mention the big hit to Apple's image.

Not that their first "attempt" at complying with the court's order was great for their image to anyone paying attention.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]Uh, the judges can do a lot more than simply ban their products. Y'know, like fines? Further, what kind of idiot would shrug off the business of millions of people in an entire country just to avoid a simple apology? Not to mention the big hit to Apple's image.Not that their first "attempt" at complying with the court's order was great for their image to anyone paying attention.[/citation]
Yeah, you're prolly right. It just rubs me wrong I guess. ...like Great Britain still thinks its the center of the universe. What are they going to do if Apple ignores them?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Lol...let the game begin!!! Also can the UK Court really force Apple to post only what they want it to state and no other wording?!? Damn Communists!!!! hehe

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]Personally, if I had been the judge, I would have responded:"You are in contempt of court, you have until the end of the day to update your statement and remove the falsehoods. If you do not you will be fined, as part of your contempt, of 100,000 pounds per minute you do not make the change."This means, after the first hour, Apple is down 6 Million pounds (effectively $9 Million), after the first day, 144 Million pounds ($216 Million).[/citation]
i will vote for you

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]better be careful, we all saw what the tobacco companies were forced to do[/citation]
Haha, surgeons general warnings on all the product packages. Warning: This product may cause extreme levels of smugness, inability of free thought, and severe debt.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]lost_in[/nom]from BBC newsxD[/citation]
yeah i read that too. Then i imagined a nice thick British accent with a hint of impatience, and it became even funnier :lol:

aegisuk

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
If Apple weren't prepared to abide by the decision the court made in good faith, they shouldn't have asked the UK Court to make a decision on the matter. It's that simple.

semperfidelis316

Honorable
May 3, 2012
If you read the "apology" issues by crapple, they completely disrespect the High Court of Justice of England...

"However, in a case tried in Germany regarding the same patent, the court found that Samsung engaged in unfair competition by copying the iPad design. A U.S. jury also found Samsung guilty of infringing on Apple's design and utility patents, awarding over one billion U.S. dollars in damages to Apple Inc. So while the U.K. court did not find Samsung guilty of infringement, other courts have recognized that in the course of creating its Galaxy tablet, Samsung willfully copied Apple's far more popular iPad."

Basicly, they are saying that daddy said no but mommy said yes.

You suck Apple and I hope that Steve Jobs is sucking a bag of iDicks in iHell.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
One of the other judges, Sir Robin Jacob, added: "I would like to see the head of Apple [Tim Cook] make an affidavit about why that is such a technical difficulty for the Apple company."

Apple told the BBC it did not want to comment further

Taken from BBC news website

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]arcticfury[/nom]Will take at least "two weeks" to change some text on their website. Please. Reminds me of a child trying to "apologize" while simultaneously spewing an insult.[/citation]

Apple = "We're sorry for being assholes, its just our nature".

They seemed to take the old one down fast enough... It's nowhere to be found on the UK homepage.

I vote for the judge replacing apple's site with a redirect to samsung's :)

They need to make the link more prominent to, and maybe put it on the associated product pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS