Question Jumping from 60hz to 75hz on a native 1440p dell monitor causes blur?

Nov 8, 2023
So I just recently upgraded my GPU from a Radeon RX 570 to an RTX 4070. I've been using the same 32", 1440p, 75hz display for a few years now and haven't had this problem until I upgraded. On my old RX 570, 75hz worked fine at the native resolution, it was sharp and looked smooth. Now suddenly on the RTX 4070, I go from 60hz to 75hz and the display seems to become blurry?

I've looked at other posts about the same issue but all of them are from ages ago and were related to decade old GPUs. Some said to turn off the motion blur option which I still haven't figured out how to do. I reinstalled drivers, tried different resolution settings, etc. One article I saw said that displayport didn't support 75hz, so I tried an HDMI cable, but that didn't fix the problem. Im thinking it's possible that my second monitor, which only supports up to 60hz, is bottlenecking somehow, but I don't see why that wouldn't have been caused the problem on the RX 570 as well.

I'm sure there's more troubleshooting I could do that I just haven't thought of. If I do think of them, i'll do them and update this thread, but in the meantime i figured I might as well ask around to see if anyone else has any solutions or similar experiences.

Update based on a reply from a moderator:
I upgraded my PSU upon upgrading the GPU. Initially I had a 600w PSU but upgraded to 750w 80+ bronze. I didn't use DDU to uninstall the drivers, I just manually uninstalled what I could, so there could still be some residual GPU driver stuff from the old GPU.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. As for your GPU swap, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, prior to removing the RX570? Did you manually reinstall the latest driver for your platform in an elevated command?

Reactions: Azumastar
Nov 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. As for your GPU swap, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, prior to removing the RX570? Did you manually reinstall the latest driver for your platform in an elevated command?
I just updated the original post, thanks for letting me know. I didn't use DDU to uninstall the old drivers, I just went in and uninstalled what I could manually, so there might still be some residual stuff from the old drivers. As for the new drivers, I just installed them via the express install package provided by Nvidia.

If I were to install using an elevated command, how would I go about doing so?

TRENDING THREADS