Just bought used gpu (not working) should i try oven ?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, i just bought the 03G-P4-6166-KR for a cheap price, the seller claim that is not working, but worked some time agoo and now he say that is on "electrical cut", should i try the oven ? or the evga warranty?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

that the problem, is under 3 year but idk if was physicall damage, dont look like but i live on argentina and if the warranty is reject i lose money on the ship ;(

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

okey i will try the warranty first, if not i will try oven :( btw should i do it in my oven ? because i read that is toxic

racksmith101

Respectable
Use the warranty first before you mess around with it. Oven baking generally won't fix the problem with dry joints, all the flux that lets the solder flow properly between the components and the PCB will have been cleaned off in the manufacturing process and baking it in an oven will not resolder dry joints it will just wet the solder and might give you a temporary fix.

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

okey if the warranty dont work, should i fix it in oven? or fix it with some profesional ? how much can cost?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

because i live in argentina and the gpu dont have the paper with serial number, but i think can be acccepted without it