Question Just build a new pc was running windows memory diagnose kept getting hardware problem were detected

Jan 1, 2023
So i would keep getting blue screens computer was acting up wasn't stable. I ran the windows memory diagnose and would keep getting Hardware problems were detected. After the test it would take me to a different screen
Recovery your pc/device need to be repaired error code 0xc0000017
I ran it multiple times kept getting that error code 0xc0000017 so after the 3rd time booting up i went to my Bios and switched the Ram speed from Auto to the max speed of the Ram 5600 Mhz and i ran the test again i got no hardware issue after running 2 times. Pc isn't crashing anymore with blue screen errors. will be running Memtest86 tonight to see if i get any error codes.
i also had tested it with memtest from hci design whne i had the Ram on auto it kept giving errors right away. After changing the Ram speed to 5600mhz and running the test there again i had no errors code ran it for about just 15 mins. Didnt go any longer as before i was getting errors right away when ram was on auto and rather test it with memtest86 tonight.
So my question now is should i still be worried what other thing should i test with tester recommendations.
This is only me second build so im feeling a little bit meh its not going as smoothly as the first build because i had never got these errors before sure it looks to be fixed but im a perfectionist to certain point and i rather go thru more hardwork to make sure that this build is solid and rma anything thats not working correctly any help would be appreciated.
PC build is CPU Ryzen 9 7950, GPU zotac gaming 4090 , Ram corsair ddr5 5600 Mhz 32 gb 2 sticks 2nd and 4th slots being used as MB asked, MB auses prime x670-p wifi, Cooling corsair icue h100i elite, SSD wd black 1tb sn850 nvme, Power Supply evga 1300 g+, [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

I'd first take a look and see if there are any BIOS updates pending. If there are, update the BIOS, then enable X.M.P or manually set the advertised(stickered) info on the sticks of ram. Which slots are you populating on the motherboard with the sticks of ram?

Jan 1, 2023

I'd first take a look and see if there are any BIOS updates pending. If there are, update the BIOS, then enable X.M.P or manually set the advertised(stickered) info on the sticks of ram. Which slots are you populating on the motherboard with the sticks of ram?
when i look at the Bios i cant seem to find xmp i will take a second look right now just looked and im sure it Ram doesnt support xmp as i cant find it in AI Overclock Tuner only option s iget is DOCPI, DOCPII, Auto, manual.. I using the 2nd and 4th slots as the motherboard states. I installed the newest driver on bios only the new driver dont know if that matters. Happy new year to you too and thank you
yes also my Ram i memory frequency is at 5600 i manually put that and thats when i errors had stopped

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023

Figured it out AMD doesnt call it xmp they call it docp