Just Cause 3 Bad Performance..

Hello. I've got an R9 270x 2gb GPU and an i5 4690k but the game stutters a lot. Even with low settings at 720p. I see that the game isn't even utilizing much more than 70% of my CPU and 60% of the GPU.

What's the problem?

- Sam

Solution
I just read a posting from someone else on Steam that said he was also getting serious lag while using a 960. However, he said he upgraded to a 970 and all the lag went away.. So I'm thinking the 270X you have just isn't strong enough to play this particular game properly.

Are you using the last AMD driver that has some Just Cause 3 fixes?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
I just read a posting from someone else on Steam that said he was also getting serious lag while using a 960. However, he said he upgraded to a 970 and all the lag went away.. So I'm thinking the 270X you have just isn't strong enough to play this particular game properly.

Are you using the last AMD driver that has some Just Cause 3 fixes?

Solution

Oh okay. I got the game for free anyways when I bought my CPU. Maybe should I wait for AMD to update their drivers for better performance for that game?

Wouldn't my card be at 100% load it's struggling though?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

If your card was at 100% usage... you wouldn't be able to play the game at all... it would be like 2-5 frames a second... you don't want that.. It sounds like your card is doing it's best to allow you to play the game. I have the 280X but haven't picked up that game yet. I just finished Fallout 4 and am on my second playthrough of Fallout 4... but I'm currently taking a break because I'm replaying the first two Starcraft 2 games all over again to refresh my memory and plan on picking up the Protoss campaign later on today... so my plate is quite full at the moment.