[SOLVED] Just moved. Best way to extend wireless...

HoPStA

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
Like title says,
Just moved to a very remote location. I'm in the back house, and they can only put internet in the main, about 70-100 yards away. We have those antenae relays plugged in halfway between...but is there anything else I can get to make it more powerful. I'm 1.25 Mbs. I can't even work from here. I'll have to move again, or lose my job...any help is greatly appreciated.

RealBeast

Titan
Like title says,
Just moved to a very remote location. I'm in the back house, and they can only put internet in the main, about 70-100 yards away. We have those antenae relays plugged in halfway between...but is there anything else I can get to make it more powerful. I'm 1.25 Mbs. I can't even work from here. I'll have to move again, or lose my job...any help is greatly appreciated.
If at all possible run an Ethernet cable, wireless cannot cross such a large area with matter in between (walls, etc.), and Ethernet can be run at least 100m. Do you own the place or rent?

kanewolf

Titan
Like title says,
If you can't do an ethernet cable all the way, then a pair of point-to-point wireless adapters on the outside of each building is the next best. The Ubiquiti Loco AC units can support 100Mbit at that distance IF you have a clear line of sight.