How would I find out if Windows Office is on my PC to decide whether I need
this update or not? The update came up on critical, but also said to check
if you needed it.
Thanks,
Marsha

Office Update
Check for free updates that improve Office's stability and security.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx

Click on.......
Check for Updates

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eLlPgtDnEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
> How would I find out if Windows Office is on my PC to decide whether
> I need this update or not? The update came up on critical, but also
> said to check if you needed it.
> Thanks,
> Marsha

Thanks Wesley, It came back "your office products do not need any updates".
Real nice of Microsoft to put the update as critical for my computer, glad I
don't do auto updates. Wish there was a way to get rid of that update
request as well as the driver update they want to do so they won't come up
everytime I check for updates. Ah...the saga continues!
Marsha

> Office Update
> Check for free updates that improve Office's stability and security.
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
>
> Click on.......
> Check for Updates
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:eLlPgtDnEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
>> How would I find out if Windows Office is on my PC to decide whether
>> I need this update or not? The update came up on critical, but also
>> said to check if you needed it.
>> Thanks,
>> Marsha

Right click on "My Computer" and there is a "Automatic Updates" tab.
Uncheck "Automatic"
On the Update website there is also an option on the left side where
you can hide updates you don't care to see.
This is if you are running XP. Not sure about other OSs

Spiderrman

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:56:30 -0500, "Marsha"
<nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote:

>Thanks Wesley, It came back "your office products do not need any updates".
>Real nice of Microsoft to put the update as critical for my computer, glad I
>don't do auto updates. Wish there was a way to get rid of that update
>request as well as the driver update they want to do so they won't come up
>everytime I check for updates. Ah...the saga continues!
>Marsha
>
>"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Office Update
>> Check for free updates that improve Office's stability and security.
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
>>
>> Click on.......
>> Check for Updates
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:eLlPgtDnEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
>> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> How would I find out if Windows Office is on my PC to decide whether
>>> I need this update or not? The update came up on critical, but also
>>> said to check if you needed it.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marsha

Right click on "My Computer", click on Properties and there is a
"Automatic Updates" tab.
Uncheck "Automatic"
On the Update website there is also an option on the left side where
you can hide updates you don't care to see.
This is if you are running XP. Not sure about other OSs

Spiderrman
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:56:30 -0500, "Marsha"
<nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote:

>Thanks Wesley, It came back "your office products do not need any updates".
>Real nice of Microsoft to put the update as critical for my computer, glad I
>don't do auto updates. Wish there was a way to get rid of that update
>request as well as the driver update they want to do so they won't come up
>everytime I check for updates. Ah...the saga continues!
>Marsha
>
>"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Office Update
>> Check for free updates that improve Office's stability and security.
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
>>
>> Click on.......
>> Check for Updates
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:eLlPgtDnEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
>> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> How would I find out if Windows Office is on my PC to decide whether
>>> I need this update or not? The update came up on critical, but also
>>> said to check if you needed it.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marsha

Thank you Spiderman! I have the auto updates already unchecked on my PC,
but I will hide the updates I don't want to see at the website as well.
Thank goodness for spider vision!
Marsha
"spiderrman" <whatsup@wb.com> wrote in message
> Right click on "My Computer", click on Properties and there is a
> "Automatic Updates" tab.
> Uncheck "Automatic"
> On the Update website there is also an option on the left side where
> you can hide updates you don't care to see.
> This is if you are running XP. Not sure about other OSs
>
> Spiderrman
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:56:30 -0500, "Marsha"
> <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> wrote:
>

>>Thanks Wesley, It came back "your office products do not need any
>>updates".
>>Real nice of Microsoft to put the update as critical for my computer, glad
>>don't do auto updates. Wish there was a way to get rid of that update
>>request as well as the driver update they want to do so they won't come up
>>everytime I check for updates. Ah...the saga continues!
>>Marsha
>>
>>"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Office Update
>>> Check for free updates that improve Office's stability and security.
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx
>>>
>>> Click on.......
>>> Check for Updates
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>> Wes
>>>
>>> In news:eLlPgtDnEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
>>> Marsha <nospamplease@nosuchplace.com> hunted and pecked:

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Marsha,

I have Office 2003, and it gave me an update that was needed, so I don't know why yours isn't. But I do agree why this is showing up in WU and it doesn't pertain to me (or anyone that already has SP2 installed).