9_breaker

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
i didnt know where to put this. im building a new rig and im in australia. it gets hot and humid here. i need to know how to keep my rig cool and to stop moisture from getting in.

Solution
Couple of little silica get**Gel** packets will soak up any moisture in the case
but if you really want to go mad :)
size up a watercooling loop, then bore out/ dig a 4 foot hole in the yard, should be nice and cool down there, have a 5 gallon reservoir in there to run your water through.
oh, and use quick connect fitments so you can remove the Pc easily to drain or attach a more orthodox radiator :)
Moto
Couple of little silica get**Gel** packets will soak up any moisture in the case
but if you really want to go mad :)
size up a watercooling loop, then bore out/ dig a 4 foot hole in the yard, should be nice and cool down there, have a 5 gallon reservoir in there to run your water through.
oh, and use quick connect fitments so you can remove the Pc easily to drain or attach a more orthodox radiator :)
Moto

Solution
Awesome, you go deep enough so it stays cool, but make sure the reservoir is absolutely sealed, no dirt or worms in there at all :)
it'll take a bit of designing obviously, but if your'e up for it I'll advise as best as I can, and I'm sure rubix and a couple of others might get wind of the plan and shout up too
Moto

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I actually thought motopsycho was joking 'till I saw the link. This whole thing might be a joke to us, but sometimes don't you do feel that you're the only sane person around?

God, what is happening to this planet :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: ???